Climbing can really be considered as one of the most challenging outdoor activities. And what makes it more challenging? Try climbing Mt. Apo, the highest peak in the Philippines.
If you are planning to climb Mt. Apo, the very thing that you need to do is to identify which among the available trails you are going to take. According to some professional mountain climbers, or those who have gone to this peak’s summit for a couple of times or so, Passing through the Kidapawan trail, which is located in Kidapawan City, North Cotabato, can be your easiest and most convenient option.
Mountain climbing is definitely something that you and your friends or relatives could really look forward to especially of the bonding experience that you will get to enjoy. So if you decide to opt for the Kidapawan Trail, here are some tips that you may keep in mind for you to completely enjoy a hassle-free trek to Mount Apo.
1. Reach out. This means that you need to contact the proper authority when it comes climbing Mt. Apo. Thus, you need to call up the Kidapawan City Tourism Office which is in-charge of this matter. Also, you need to know from them if the said trail will be open the moment you will have your trekking activity. You may contact them at +63 64 278 4776.
2. Reach Davao City. If you are from a location that is a plane-ride away from Mindanao, you need to fly to Davao City for you to reach Kidapawan City. When you are already in Davao, ride a van (whose terminal is located within the various malls in Davao City, like Gaisano Mall of Davao-Bajada and SM City Davao-Ecoland) for Kidapawan.
3. Visit Kidapawan City Tourism Office. We presume that you have checked with the Kidapawan City Tourism Office their complete address. Anyway, if you have not, we are pretty sure that everyone in the community knows where it is. So when you arrive in Kidapawan City, proceed immediately to its Tourism Office for you to register and get your climbing permit. It is also where you will listen to a briefing before you climb Mt. Apo.
4. Ride and enjoy. Have you tried riding on a habal-habal? But wait, do you know what it is? Habal-habl is the local name for a motorcycle. As you enjoy your ride, you will be brought to the starting point of your exciting journey.
5. You are on top! Reaching the summit of this picturesque and majestic mountain takes more or less 10 hours. Yes, it’s kind of a long hike if you are a first-timer, however, when you reach the top, the happiness and fulfilment that you will feel is certainly surmounting.